If your pet meets the size restrictions, it will be able to fly at your feet in the cabin. While in-flight, you will not be able to provide your pets with food or water, so be sure to meet its needs before you board the plane. Your pet may fly in Main Cabin seats or on select Class Premier flights. All pets must travel inside of a carrier that can properly fit them while meeting size restrictions and have the proper hygiene requirements. Only one animal is permitted per passenger in the cabin, and unaccompanied minors may not travel with an animal. Check your flight to be sure that your plane accepts animals to board.
The cost of flying with your pet in the cabin changes based on whether you are flying in low season or high season. All prices include tax.
Low Season: $1,100 MXN or $135 USD/EUR/GBP
High Season: $1,400 MXN or $140 USD/EUR/GBP (does not apply to/from USA)
Exceptions apply when traveling to or from Brazil, Chile, and Argentina.
Health and Hygiene Requirements
When flying in the cabin, your pet must have the proper vaccination records, documentation, and hygienic environment.
- Rabies vaccination certificate issued within 28 days of your flight
- Health certificate issued by the Import/Export Deputy Director’s office, only applicable when not in the USA and Canada
- Animals may not travel while undergoing medical treatment
- All animals be at least 8 weeks old and fully weaned
- At any time, your dog can be subject to an inspection by the Department of Health.
Carriers can be soft-sided or hard-sided, but all carriers must be no larger than 48 x 30 x 25 cm (19 x 12 x 10 inches) and weigh no more than 9 kgs (20 lbs). All carriers must have one sheet of absorbent material for your pet’s comfort.
Additional Details for In-Cabin Flights
- Your pet must be on your flight with you
- Pets are only allowed to fly on flights up to six hours
- All animals must be in their carrier prior to boarding the plane and stay there for the duration of the flight
- Passengers traveling with pets will be assigned a window seat in a non-exit row
If you have any questions or need clarification on the needs of your pet while riding in the cabin, reach out to Aeromexico’s help desk at 1-888-343-2423. When traveling with a pet, passengers assume all responsibility for their pets and for knowing the entry requirements for international travel.
Find more information about Aeromexico Pet Policies.