Small dogs and cats, who are at least 10 weeks old and weigh a maximum of 8 kg including an approved transport container, may travel in the passenger cabin as carry-on baggage. You’ll need to make sure you have a soft-sided travel carrier that meets all the necessary requirements. Additional restrictions apply to breeds of fighting dogs and snub-nosed animals. To find information about other ways to fly your pet with this airline, visit our main page for Air France Pet Policies. Please note that these animals must be up to date on their vaccinations, especially when traveling abroad.
Getting a Ticket for Your Pet
Before your pet can fly in the cabin, you’ll need to get prior approval from Air France. This can be achieved by contacting customer support. You cannot book your pet’s ticket online. Instead, contact Air France customer support after booking your ticket online, or call to reserve both yours and your pet’s ticket at once.
Travel Carrier Specifications for Carry-On Pets
When flying a pet in the passenger cabin with Air France, your pet counts as additional baggage. You must have a soft-sided carrier that can be securely fastened for small dogs and cats in the cabin. The carrier must meet the following container specifications:
- The maximum size is 46 x 28 x 24 cm / 18 x 11 x 9 in
- The total weight of the transport container, including the animal, must not exceed 8 kg (17lbs).
- The animal must be able to stand, lay down, and turn around in its container without any restriction.
- The container must be escape-proof, leak-proof and well ventilated. Air France recommends a container made from a flexible material.
- The bag must fit under the seat in front of you.
- Only 1 animal is permitted per container, and only one animal is permitted per customer.
- Your pet’s container is considered an additional baggage item, and fees apply.
How Much Does it Cost to Fly with Pets in Cabin?
Air France has different rates for different flights. There are different rates for flying with your pet in the cabin versus flying with your pet as cargo. Visit here for a detailed list of destinations and their prices.