The Charlotte Douglas International Airport has seven official pet relief areas. Five are located indoors, after security. They are located on the A/B Connector, on the Concourse A Connector, on the corner between Concourses D and E, and in Concourse E. Another indoor pet relief option is available in Baggage Claim, before security. Travelers can easily access either relief station regardless of their airline, and they are available to use 24/7. These facilities exist for both traveling animals and members of the airport’s CLT Canine Crew, a team of in-service therapy dogs used to provide entertainment and relaxation to fellow passengers. The airport also has two small outdoor areas located on either side (East and West) of the Arrivals/Baggage Claim level.
Terminal Guide for Charlotte Douglas Airport Pet Relief Stations
Charlotte Douglas offers many centrally-located options for pet relief.
- To access the pre-security pet relief area, head to Baggage Claim. The pet relief area is located between Zones D and E behind the bag carousel.
- To access the location located in the A/B Concourse Connector, locate the central Atrium. Walk toward Concourse A; the pet relief area is located near the restrooms and the XpresSpa.
- To access the pet relief area on the Concourse A Connector, locate the central Atrium and walk towards Gates A21-A29. The station is situated between the Mother’s Room and Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- To access the pet relief area between Concourses D and E, locate the central Atrium and walk toward Concourse D. The pet relief area is located near the restrooms and The Centurion Lounge.
- To access the Concourse E pet relief area, locate the central Atrium and enter Concourse E. The station occupies the spot between the ATM and the charging station near Gate E9.
- To access the unofficial outdoor area, exit through baggage claim. The fountain is visible and accessible from every exit.
CLT Airport Pet Relief Area Map
What to Expect from Charlotte Douglas Airport Pet Relief Stations
If your pup can only use the bathroom outside, the Charlotte Douglas International Airport and its pet policies might not live up to your expectations. There are two small outdoor pet relief areas located outside the terminal at the ends of the Arrivals/Baggage Claim level.
However, when pressed, there is the large fountain just outside Baggage Claim. The fountain has several patches of grass—perfect for your fussy pet. This central location allows for easy access regardless of flight and terminal. However, it is not an official relief area, meaning you will not find the amenities you might expect an airport to provide. We recommend bringing your own bags and water.
The indoor areas are small and centrally-located. They are not in enclosed rooms, meaning your shy or skittish dog might have a difficult time relaxing enough to use the restroom. However, they include artificial grass, small, fake fire hydrants, and bags for an easy clean-up.
When it comes down to it, the CLT Airport pet relief areas are accessible and centrally-located, and that’s really all you need for safe pet travel.