Sky Harbor is one of America’s most pet-friendly airports. It has nine areas for pets to stretch their legs, drink water, and take bathroom breaks during their trip. Pet relief areas are located outside Terminal 2, Terminal 3, and Terminal 4. There are also locations near the PHX Sky Train stations—East Economy Park & Bark is near the East Economy parking garages, and the Park ‘n Play is on the northwest corner of the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station. Phoenix Sky Harbor also has three post-security animal relief areas. These options are located in Terminal 2, Terminal 3, and Terminal 4.
Access Guide for Sky Harbor Pet Relief Areas
Phoenix Sky Harbor has several pet relief areas to choose from. Options exist both pre- and post-security in most major terminals.
- To access the Terminal 2 pre-security pet relief area, exit the airport through Door 7 or Door 8. The area is between these doors.
- To access the Terminal 3 pre-security pet relief area, exit through Door 1 and proceed to the South Curb.
- To access the Terminal 4 pre-security pet relief area, proceed to Level 1 of the terminal. The area is just outside of baggage claim.
- To access the East Economy Park & Bark, exit Terminal 4 and proceed east to the East Economy Parking Garage.
- To access the Park ‘n Play, exit the airport via S 40th Street and proceed north to the 44th St PHX Sky Train Station.
- To access the Terminal 2 post-security pet relief area, proceed to the lower level. The area is near the Family Restroom.
- To access the Terminal 3 post-security pet relief area, proceed to the concourse.
- To access the Terminal 4 post-security pet relief area, proceed to the D1-D8 gates concourse near the Family Restroom. You may also access a pet relief area in the B1-B14 gates concourse near the restrooms at Gate B2.
PHX Pet Relief Area Map
What to Expect from Phoenix Sky Harbor Pet Relief Stations
The Phoenix Airport pet policies are among the most pet-friendly in the nation. If you travel through this facility, you won’t have any trouble locating an indoor or outdoor, pre- or post-security pet relief area for your furry friend. The outdoor areas, though small, are very convenient and in relatively secluded sections of sidewalks/curbs. They are outfitted with drinking water for the dogs and mitts for easy clean-up.
The indoor, post-security PHX pet relief stations are small areas of artificial grass and garnished with fake fire hydrants. Many of these do not have enclosed rooms, so be aware that your dog may be overwhelmed by the foot traffic and noise of busy terminals.
Even if your dog is spooked by loud noises and lots of people, finding a secluded Sky Harbor pet relief station in this airport is not difficult.